مجنون

20110303

Majnuun.

It means "crazy" in Arabic. It's also officially my dad's new nickname.

Some may think the 50 I did last September made me bonkers, but I ain't got nothin' on this guy. We thought he was crazy when he kept heading back to the Hardrock 100 year after year. Total elevation gain for this race? 33,992 feet. (Height of Mt. Everest? 29, 029 feet.) We thought he was crazy when he ran a 100-mile race in Wyoming after discovering that 70% of the course was complete mud. We thought he was crazy when he decided to go trek in the Himalayas for a month. And when he hiked past Everest Base Camp up to Island Peak (21,000 feet) without feeling any altitude sickness whatsoever. He literally raced the sherpas down the mountain. And won.

Maybe it makes me crazy too, but these things get my blood pumping. I can comprehend why a human being would want to do them.

But Badwater? BADWATER?!?!?!?!?

A 135-mile race along one stretch of pavement. In the middle of July. In Death Valley.

And he's excited about this???



2 COMMENTS:

  1. WHAT THE HECK!??!?!? Your dad is the most intense person "I know." I think it is awesome that it takes so much more for him to get his blood pumping.....although that makes it kind of sound like he's addicted to drugs and the average dose won't do it anymore.....

    Way to go, Mike! DON'T DO DRUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ........

    i don't even know what to say about your dad.

    But don't think that gets you off the crazy hook. You're well on your way, missy. Just wait til you're 49.

    ReplyDelete

© Raesevelt All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger