Double Suck

20110920

Yesterday in a taxi I found out that my driver was half-Palestinian and half-Spanish. For those wondering, yes, that combination does produce particularly pulchritudinous people.

"Your mom's Palestinian and your dad's from Spain? So do you speak Spanish as well as Arabic?

"Yes. Do you know any Spanish?"

"نعم! I mean ايوة! Er . . . "

I remember a time not so long ago when my Spanish used to interfere with my Arabic (si instead of نعم, y instead of و). Now I seem to have the opposite problem--which is just another way of saying that I officially suck at two languages!

FIST PUMP IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 COMMENTS:

  1. Northern California is the BEST for big cities + mountains. Brock can work in Silicon Valley or San Francisco, and you can get by on a daily basis with Mt. Diablo (small, but with a rockin' viewshed, a few ranches, and good hiking and camping) and take frequent weekend trips to the Sierras and Yosemite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my word, im dying laughing at that fidelity line. Thanks Kristi, you just made it completely obvious to all my co-workers that I am NOT working right now...

    ReplyDelete

© Raesevelt All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger