Craigslist Texts

20120521

I listed an old bedding set on Craigslist today. The following two text conversations occurred in THE PAST FIVE MINUTES (during which I lost faith in humanity, or at least America's public schools).

1. THE PLEASE-TELL-ME-YOU'RE-NOT-TEXTING-THIS-SOBER

"Is yr bed still avail if so where do u live"

2. THE CAVEMAN

"U stull have comforter set"

"Sorry, sold :( I need to update that on Craigslist."

"Okay thankd"


***UPDATE: 9:50AM THE FOLLOWING MORNING***


3. THE HEY-YOU-ACTUALLY-WROTE-A-COHERENT-SENTENCE!

"Hi do you still have the queen size bedding?"

Still needs a comma after "hi" and a hyphen between "queen" and "size", but I'll take what I can get.

4. THE I-HAVE-ARAB-FRIENDS-WHO-USE-BETTER-ENGLISH-GRAMMAR-THAN-THIS

"Hey I txt u yesterday ftom my other phone can I get ur address so around 1-2 I can go pick up the comforter??"

3 COMMENTS:

  1. Well that was exceptional insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody can quite compete with my craigslist responses to your ads, Kristi...I have simply set the bar too high. -Irena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much had that exact same experience this past week! It seriously makes me wonder who looks at craigslist... I mean really? Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

© Raesevelt All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger