Does It Ever Strike You?

20110224

When you're exhausted/stressed/overwhelmed/tired/lackluster/etc . . . that life is freaking good?

Sometimes when I think about all the wonderful people in my life--mother, father, brother, brother, sister, brother, brother, amazing friends, kind-of-friends, used-to-be-friends, co-workers, bosses, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws, teachers, husband, dog--my heart just swells with gratitude. I know things will be okay because they are okay and they've always been okay. Know why? 

Because God lives. I'm His daughter. There's a plan for me and I'm going to conquer my dreams and raise bomb kids and grow old with Brock. I don't know how I know all this but I just do.

So here I am. Sitting at my kitchen table at 1AM and some synapse goes off in my brain and I'm like "Oh, that's right! Things are good! Things are freaking good!"

Suddenly, it doesn't matter that I couldn't remember certain Arabic verbs on my midterm today. And that I have no freaking idea how to case weak diptotes or triptotes for my midterm tomorrow. And that I can't for the life of me remember the irregular nisba adjectives that we learned in lesson five.

Or was it six?

ALL THAT MATTERS in this life are the people in it.

And by that measure, I've got it made.


3 COMMENTS:

  1. I can definitely relate with this post, Kristi. Brilliant, and by far my favorite!
    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. And I agree. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica StumJuly 11, 2011

    Well said! Had this same "aha" moment just last week!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

© Raesevelt All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger